Spin 2018 – University of Ferrara, Italy September 10-14, 2018
The scientific program of this Symposium will include topics related to spin phenomena in particle and nuclear physics as well as those in related fields. The International Spin Physics Symposium series combined together the High Energy Spin Symposia and the Nuclear Polarization Conferences since 2000.
Spin related observables provide unique insights in studying fundamental symmetries, fundamental interactions, particle properties and the structure of hadrons.
Similarly, spin related experiments help to advance the understanding of nuclear reaction dynamics and of the structure of hadron-nucleon many body systems. The conference will also cover technical developments and applications in the area of polarized beams, polarized targets and spin optics.
Conference working groups will include:
- Spin physics in Nuclear Reactions and Nuclei
- Nucleon helicity structure
- 3D Structure of the Nucleon: TMDs
- 3D Structure of the Nucleon: GPDs and Form Factors
- Low Energy Spin Physics with Lepton, Photon and Hadron Probes
- Fundamental Symmetries and Spin Physics Beyond the Standard Model
- Acceleration, Storage and Polarimetry of Polarized Beams
- Polarized Ion and Lepton Sources and Targets
- Future Facilities and Experiments
- Mini Symposium on Nucleon Spin Structure and Lattice QCD
- Application of Nuclear Polarization Techniques to Other Fields